Who Can Use Rybelsus?
The weekly weight loss jab is suitable for those with a BMI above 30 (or 27 with a weight related co-morbidity). After you complete your online consultation you will be assess by the prescriber who will take into account factors such as you BMI, your medical history, current medication etc.
Semaglutide will NOT be suitable and will not be prescribed if you fall into one of the categories below:
- Under 18 or above 75 years of age
- If you are breastfeeding, pregnant or actively trying to get pregnant.
- Anyone with or a family history of thyroid tumours or thyroid cancer
- Type 1 diabetics or patients taking diabetic medication
- Kidney problems
You should especially tell us and your GP if you:
- have eye problems caused by diabetes (diabetic retinopathy)
- have kidney or heart problems
- have a history of pancreatitis
- take insulin
- take levothyroxine for thyroid disease
- take medicines to reduce blood clotting (e.g. warfarin)
This is because Rybelsus has affected these conditions or may interact with these medicines, so your doctor may have to monitor you whilst on this medication.
If you’re not sure whether you fall under any of these groups, check with your doctor or healthcare provider before taking Rybelsus.