Who can and cannot use it?
Saxenda is suitable for those with a BMI above 30 (or 27 with a weight related co-morbidity). After you complete youronline consultation you will be assess by the prescriber who will take into account factors such as you BMI, your medical history, current medication etc.
Semaglutide will not be suitable and will not be prescribed if you fall into one of the categories below:
- Under 18 or above 75 years of age
- If you are breastfeeding, pregnant or actively trying to get pregnant.
- Anyone who has had pancreatitis
- Anyone with or a family history of thyroid tumours or thyroid cancer
- Type 1 diabetics or patients taking certain diabetic medication